The Zimriya is the most important of its kind in Israel with hundreds of singers every year participating in workshops and concerts of choral music. Members of choirs from Israel and abroad spend 4 days during which they study new works for choir with internationally renowned choral conductors who contribute their skills and time to the Zimriya. All concerts are open to the public.
The Zimriya, celebrating 68 years of activity, initiated by A. Z. Propes in 1952, will hold one of the biggest and most important musical & cultural events in 2020, in the subterranean Crusaders Knights’ Halls and open areas, in the spectacular old historic town of Acre: www.akko.org.il/en
Workshops of Liturgical music, Sacred & Profane, led by renowned conductors, as well as public concerts and ‘Choir to Choir’ performances, will be held day and night throughout the festival; ‘Open Stage Performances’ of choirs and singing groups and ensembles will take place in the pathways of Acre during the festival as well.
The Workshops & Masterclasses:
- Ludwig Böhme, Germany Ernest Bloch, Avodat Kodesh
- Timothy Brown, Great Britain Hebrew Renaissance & Baroque
- Shura Lipovski, the Netherlands Di Goldene Pave, Yiddish Songs
- Zoli Frank, Israel Hai-Di-Di-Dai – Hassidic songs
- Rami Barber, Israel Hebrew Carols
- Aharon Harlap, Israel Requiem (Hebrew & Latin)
- Mati Lazar, USA Yehzkel Brown, 3 psalms- Pessac songs
- Yuval Ben Ozer, Israel David’s Lyre (Kinoro shel David) for equal voices
- Pnina Inbar, Israel Hebrew Folk Songs
Alternating Daily Workshops: Ladino, Body language, Sol & Voice etc.
Night concerts: will be held every night at the Knights’ Halls, Old Acre
Open Stage: choirs, ensembles and singing group’s performances
‘Choir to Choir’ performances: daily in the subterranean Crusaders Knights’ Halls.
Night Celebration with Beer and wine – Singing and dancing into the night
Prices & Accommodation
- Participation is open to all choirs and ensembles, including children and youth choirs. Participation is subject to the confirmation of the Music Committee of the Zimriya.
- The Zimriya workshops will take place mainly in the Knights Hall – Old Acre.
- Participants will be accommodated in Ha’Abirim Guest House
- Every room is air-conditioned and has a bathroom.
- Beddings and towels are supplied.
Accommodations on H&B basis:
Ha’Abirim Guest House:
€ 665 – in a double room
€ 585 – in a triple room
€ 515 – in a quadruple room
Price without accommodation, including all activities + daily lunch: € 240
- 4 nights lodging in air-conditioned rooms on H&B Basis
- 4 breakfasts + 4 lunches
- Participation in workshops
- Admission to all concerts, workshops, masterclasses etc.
- Each choir will have a chance to perform at least once during the Zimriya
The number of the rooms in the Ha’Abirim Guest House is limited.
Last date of registration: 01.03.2020
10% Discount will be given to registration before 10.01.2020
Subject to Change